Written by Busby
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy:
1Mix Radio is an Online Service Provider under Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 ("DMCA"). 1Mix Radio respects the legitimate rights of copyrights owners, and has adopted an efficient notice and takedown procedure as required by the DMCA and described herein. This policy is intended to guide copyright owners in utilizing that procedure.
Notice to Owners of Copyrighted Works:
The DMCA provides a legal procedure by which you can request any Online Service Provider to disable access to a website where your copyrighted work(s) are appearing without your permission. There are two parts to the legal procedure:
(1) Writing a Proper DMCA Notice
(2) Sending the Proper DMCA Notice to a 1Mix Designated Agent.
How to Write a Proper DMCA Notice:
A Proper DMCA Notice will notify 1Mix Radio of particular facts in a document signed under penalty of perjury. We refer to this as a “Proper DMCA Notice.” To Write a Proper DMCA notice, please provide the following information:
(1) Identify yourself as either: The owner of a copyrighted work(s), or A person “authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
(2) State your contact information, including your TRUE NAME, street address, telephone number, and email address.
(3) Identify the copyrighted work that you believe is being infringed, or if a large number of works are appearing at a single website, a representative list of the works.
(4) Identify the material that you claim is infringing your copyrighted work, to which you are requesting that 1Mix Radio may disable access over the World Wide Web.
(5) Identify the location of the material on the World Wide Web by providing “information reasonably sufficient to permit 1Mix Radio to locate the material.”
(6) State that you have “a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents, or the law.”
(7) State that the information in the notice is accurate, under penalty of perjury. Sign the notice with either a physical or electronic signature.
Sending The Proper DMCA Notice to the Designated Agent:
To exercise your DMCA rights, you must send your Proper DMCA Notice to the following agent designated by 1Mix Radio (the “Designated Agent”.) The contact information for 1Mix's Designated Agent is:
Email: use the contact form here
What We Do When We Receive A Proper DMCA Notice:
1Mix Radio will follow the procedures provided in the DCMA, which prescribed a notice and takedown procedure, subject to the webmaster’s right to submit a Counter-notification claiming lawful use of the disabled works.
Notice and Takedown Procedure:
It is expected that all users of any part of the 1Mix system will comply with applicable copyright laws. However, if 1Mix Radio is notified of claimed copyright infringement, or otherwise becomes aware of facts and circumstances from which infringement is apparent, it will respond expeditiously by removing, or disabling access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. 1Mix Radio will comply with the appropriate provisions of the DMCA in the event a counter notification is received by its Designated Agent.
Notice to Users of 1Mix Radio:
Pursuant to the Terms of Service Agreement you agreed to when you were permitted to become a 1Mix Radio member, you are required to use only lawfully-acquired creative works as website content, and your content may be disabled upon receipt of notice that infringing material is appearing there. 1Mix Radio also respects the legitimate interests of web users in utilizing media content lawfully, being permitted to present a response to claims of infringement, and obtaining timely restoration of access to content that has been disabled due to a copyright complaint.
Your account privileges will also be suspended. You may protest a DMCA notice by submitting a Counter-notification as described below.
Writing a Counter-notification:
To write a proper counter-notification, please provide the following information: State that access to your content was disabled due to operation of the notice and takedown procedure. Identify the material that has been removed and designate its URL prior to removal. State, under penalty of perjury:
(1) Your name, address, and telephone number
(2) That you “have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as result of mistake or misidentification of the material,"
(3) That you “consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located."
Sending the Counter-notification:
To exercise your DMCA rights, you must send your Counter-notification to the “Designated Agent” for 1Mix Radio, whose contact information is: Email: use the contact form here
Policy With Regard To Non-Compliant Communications:
1Mix Radio has discretion to handle non-compliant notices in whatever manner appears to be reasonable given the circumstances presented.
Submission of Misleading Information:
The submission of misleading information of any sort in a notification or counter-notification submitted to 1Mix voids any claim of right made by the submitting party